Sunday, June 08, 2008

Dungeons and .... Horses?

I made it to the D&D game day yesterday in Worland. I played the cleric for the adventure. We didn't have time to do the skirmish, but we did the trivia. I did horribly at the general trivia, but did fairly well with the family feud questions. The best part of the day was meeting some nerds in the area. They play every Saturday all day. I'm hoping to join them as often as I can. I also found out that one of the teachers is interested in starting a group. Hopefully we'll get something together this summer and play every couple weeks. So I possibly just went from a strong desire to do some pen and paper gaming to having 2 different groups to game with. This will make living in Wyoming a lot better.

Sarah and I went out riding this morning. It was the first time I rode our new horse Moon (who may be re-named shortly). He behaved well for me. We're definitely going to keep him. The two of us just rode down the driveway and down a dirt road a little way. Maybe a mile round trip. Now we need to buy a saddle that fits me better, and probably some boots. (If you don't know, cowboy boots are pointed so that it's easier to get your feet into stirrups.) I refuse to get a cowboy hat, although I may get more of an Indiana Jones style hat to keep the sun off.

No comments: