Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Brian Dump from Today

I'm sitting in a hotel room in Casper. I'm here for a Tech conference/sales pitch that is put on by one of our vendors. They're promoting VMWare, and I'm very interested. I really like the idea of being able to move virtual machines from one physical server to another while the machine continues to run. I'm seeing that they have a 60 day trial of the server platform on their website. I have some other projects at work I need to get moving on before I can spend much time playing with this. Hopefully I can play with it before the new budget hits in July. It would be nice to virtualize some of our less mission critical servers just to get a feel for it.

Today was definitely worth the trip down to learn more about these technologies. I wouldn't be surprised if we had some major virtualization going on within a couple of years.

No comments: